Saturday, September 22, 2012

Getting ready for the big sale!

 Never Knew Boutique

The big day is almost here! October 12!

Here are a few items I've been working on, and I'll post a few more pictures in the next few days as I finalize the rest! 


Candle Stick Holders
These are a find/first. 

 I was having a rather grumpy day, (not winning the mom of the year award) and needed to get out of my house! So when the Mr. came home, I ran away for a little while. I went to visit my pal Vada to see if she had anything worth taking home. As I was rummaging around the lean-tos I came across three table legs lying in the dirt. 

Let me tell you these babies had been there for a while! I set them aside and wandered some more, and found two more. They were speaking to me. I knew they wanted to be candle stick holders. So I brought them home, lovingly cleaned them up, and put a poly coat over them so I could cut and paint them. 

They turned out so pretty I won't be too sad if no one buys them! I have five sets all different colors, blue, yellow, red, gray, and unpainted. (blue and unpainted shown) I have a feeling these will go fast!


Window Frame Shelf
Another find/first


 I saw something like this online a while ago, and have been watching for a good window frame so I could build one. Vada was hiding this in an old van, and it had yucky frosted glass panes. I think that is why it was still around. I had to break all the panes out before I could do anything. My kiddos thought I was crazy!

I bought a new tool to try out on this project, a biscuit joiner! I was so excited to learn how to use it! I built the shelves with the biscuit joiner, covered the back with bead board, and attached it to the window frame using pocket holes. I think I would look great with plates, or ironstone in each little frame! 

Only one of these babies so come early if you want it!

A Sample of the Goods

From left to right: Cupcake stand, yellow candle stick holders, window shelf, cabinet door key holder, rustic toolbox.

I will have four cupcake stands, six different key holders, and only one toolbox. 

I saw an old toolbox used as a centerpiece at Savvy Southern Style, and so when I found this one I thought I'd bring him home. I brightened him up with  a little red paint, and now he is ready to go home with some lucky gal!

I hope to see you at the Never Knew Boutique!
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment